BUSINESS LIVE: BoE leaves rates and QE unchanged; Johnson Calls on City to Invest Long-Term; Rolls-Royce returns to profitability; Mike Ashley confirms that he has resigned as Frasers boss
- Bank of England unanimously votes to keep rates unchanged
- The BoE’s bond purchase program (QE) was also unchanged at £ 875m
- But MPC member Michael Saunders alone voted to reduce QE to £ 830 billion
- Ashley confirms plans to step down and hand over to his future son-in-law
- Johnson said he wanted a bigger share of private sector investment in UK infrastructure and startups
- Rolls-Royce to return to profitability in the first half of 2021; Stocks rise 1% in early trading
- If you’re using our app, click here to read Business Live
Support authors and subscribe to content
This is premium stuff. Subscribe to read the entire article.
Login if you have purchased
SubscribeGain access to all our Premium contents.
More than 100+ articles.