Yildirim vs Alvarez Live Stream Free Watch Fight PPV Online Reddit Boxing’s biggest star, Canelo Alvarez, returns for a super middleweight title clash against Avni Yildirim, live on DAZN
Canelo, the current WBA (Super), WBC, and The Ring champ at 168lb, could be on course to unify the division as long as he doesn’t slip up against his Turkish adversary at the end of the month.
Here’s everything you need to know about the pound-for-pound superstar’s latest in-ring outing.
CANELO VS. YILDIRIM FIGHT DATE, START TIME
- Events: Yildirim vs Alvarez
- Date: Saturday, February 27
- Time : 1 a.m. GMT/8 p.m. EST
- Main event (approx): 4 a.m. GMT/11 p.m. EST
The Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim fight card takes place on Saturday, Feb. 27, and kicks off at 20:00 local time on the US East coast, or 1 am Sunday morning in the UK on Greenwich Mean Time. Main event ring walks, as always, depending on how long the undercard runs, but the ballpark estimate is around 11 pm EST/4 am GMT.
CAN I WATCH CANELO VS. YILDIRIM ON DAZN?
The Feb. 27 card will stream live on DAZN in over 200 countries across the globe. You can sign up for a subscription here for just $19.99 for one month (or $8.33 per month if you purchase a one-year subscription for $99.99).
Fight fans in the US can instead order the fight on pay-per-view, if they wish, for a fee of $49.99. However not only will you save money with DAZN but you’ll get access to five other live boxing cards in February plus a whole lot more.
HOW DO I WATCH CANELO VS. SMITH ON CABLE?
Select major cable providers are offering the fight at a PPV price of $49.99, which also includes a gift code that provides access to DAZN through April 30, 2021. The providers include:
- Optimum / Altice
- And many more
You can redeem your code at dazn.com/canelo. (Must be redeemed by March 31, 2021)
WHERE IS THE CANELO VS. YILDIRIM FIGHT?
The event will be staged at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. The venue will be fully compliant with the latest COVID-19 pandemic guidelines.
CANELO ALVAREZ RECORD AND BIO
- Nationality: Mexican
- Born: 18 July 1990
- Height : 5’9″
- Reach : 70 1/2″
- Total fights: 57
- Record : 54-1-2 (36 KOs)
AVNI YILDIRIM RECORD AND BIO
- Nationality: Turkish
- Born: 5 August 1991
- Height : 5’11 1/2″
- Reach : 70″
- Total fights: 23
- Record: 21-2 (12 KOs)
CANELO VS. YILDIRIM CARD IN FULL
- Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim, 12 rounds, for Alvarez’s WBC and WBA super-middleweight titles
- Julio Cesar Martinez vs. McWilliams Arroyo, 12 rounds, for Martinez’s WBC flyweight title
- Zhilei Zhang vs. Jerry Forrest, 10 rounds at heavyweight
- Diego Pacheco vs. Rodolfo Gomez Jr., 8 rounds at super middleweight
- Alexis Espino vs. Ashton Sykes, 6 rounds at super middleweight
- Alexis Eduardo Molina vs. TBA, 6 rounds at featherweight
- Marc Castro vs. Lester Brown, 4 rounds at junior lightweight
- Aaron Aponte vs. Harry Gigliotti, 4 rounds at junior welterweight
- Keyshawn Davis vs. Lester Brown, 4 rounds at lightweight
February is poised to be a big month for DAZN subscribers, with no less than SIX big cards of live boxing action that concludes with the latest outing for pound-for-pound megastar Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez.
Alvarez returns two months after beating Callum Smith in December for the WBA (Super), WBC, and The Ring belts, and his quest for undisputed glory at 168lb in 2021 begins with a mandatory defense against Avni Yildirim on Saturday, Feb. 27 from Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.
Meanwhile, Matchroom Boxing was unable to promote live-action in January, with the British Boxing Board of Control temporarily suspending all events for the month due to the coronavirus pandemic prompting a second serious lockdown in the UK.
But they are back starting on Feb. 13 with Josh Warrington facing off with Mauricio Lara, and one week later the postponed January bout between David Avanesyan and Josh Kelly for the former’s European welterweight strap will finally happen.
Another postponed contest pits New Zealand stars Joseph Parker and Junior Fa against one another in Auckland, with the winner likely to move into the conversation of world heavyweight championship opportunities once Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury stage their huge unification clash later in the year.
Everything you need to know about the who, the where, and then when can be found below.
- Julio Cesar Martinez will defend his WBC World Flyweight title against McWilliams Arroyo as the chief support to Canelo Alvarez’s defense of his WBC, WBA Super, and Ring Magazine World Super-Middleweight titles on Saturday, February 27 at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida, live worldwide on DAZN (except Mexico).
- Martinez (17-1 13 KOs) puts his title on the line for the third time since landing the belt in December 2019 in a thrilling stoppage win over Cristofer Rosales, outpointing Jay Harris in Dallas in February and blasting away Moises Calleros in two rounds in Mexico City in October.
The all-action Mexican is raring to finally face his mandatory challenger Arroyo after having to pull out of a proposed clash with the Puerto Rican through illness in August.
It is a huge night for the all-action champion, who turns 26 on Wednesday, as he finally gets to fight as the chief support to his stablemate Alvarez, whom he also shares as a trainer and manager in Eddy Reynoso after illness ruled him out of fighting on his card in December in San Antonio.
How to live stream Canelo vs. Yildirim. The card will stream live on DAZN in upwards of 200 countries and territories (excluding Mexic, where it will be shown on TV Azteca)). The global sports live streaming platform works with many Internet-connected devices and smart TVs.