Humanity is divided into two major classes: hosts and guests.
– Max Beerbohm
There are two types of people in this world: those who know where their school yearbook is and those who don’t.
– Sloane Crosley, “I was told there was going to be cake”
The world is divided into two types: idle and anti-idle. I call the anti-idle “disruptor”.
– Tom Hodgkinson, “How To Be Inactive”
There are two types of people in the world, those who leave the house and those who don’t.
– Tayari Jones, “An American Marriage”
Either you are a crispy person or you are not.
– Marion Cunningham, “The Breakfast Book”
Instead of this absurd gender division, they should classify people as static and dynamic.
– Evelyn Waugh, “Downfall and Fall”
As we know, the world is unequally divided between those who love aspic (not too many) and those who loathe and fear it (most of all).
– Laurie Colwin, “More Home Cooking”
The world is divided into two classes – invalids and nurses.
– James McNeill Whistler
To me, all people are divided into two groups – those who laugh and those who smile.
– Vladimir Nabokov, “Think, write, speak”
There are two types of people in the world: those who name their horses and those who don’t.
– Téa Obendet, “Inland”
Freddie, there are two types of people in this world and you are not one of them.
– Dolly Parton in “rhinestones”
Perhaps there are two types of people, those for whom nothing is not a problem and those for whom it is an insurmountable problem.
– John Updike, “Confidence”
There are only two types of people, those who like to sleep next to the wall and those who like to sleep next to the people who push them off the bed.
– Etgar Keret, “The bus driver who wanted to be God”
“Sheep and goats”
– The two classes of people, according to Hugh Trevor-Roper
“Cats” and “monkeys”
– The two human types after Henry James
“Cleans” and “Dirty”
– The two types of writers, according to Saul Bellow
“Hairy” and “Smooth”
– The two kinds of playwrights, according to Kenneth Tynan
There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.
– Aldo Leopold, “A Sand County Almanac”
What he didn’t understand was that there really were only two types of people: fat and thin.
– Margaret Atwood, “Lady Oracle”
There are two types of people in the world: the kind who literate their record collections and the kind who don’t.
– Sarah Vowell, “The partially cloudy patriot “
There are only persecuted, persecuted, busy and tired.
– F. Scott Fitzgerald, “The Great Gatsby”
I divide the world into people who want to control something and those who want to do something.
– Henri Cole in the Paris Review
The world is divided into two types of fishermen: those who catch fish and those who don’t.
– Jacques Pépin, “The Apprentice”
There are really two types of people:
you and everyone else.
– Sarah Manguso
There are two types of people and I don’t care about both.
– Eric Idle, “Always Look to the Good Side of Life”
It can be said that there are two classes of people in the world; those who keep dividing the people of the world into two classes and those who do not. Both classes are extremely uncomfortable to meet socially.
– Robert Benchley at the Vanity Fair
The Times is committed to publishing a variety of letters To the editor. We’d love to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here are some Tips. And here is our email: [email protected].
Follow the “New York Times Opinion” section on Facebook, Twitter (@NYTopinion) and Instagram.