“He’s Just On TV Himself!”: Tyson Fury mocks Anthony Joshua, claiming he is afraid to fight him before vowing to take out his heavyweight rival within three rounds
Tyson Fury has accused Anthony Joshua of dodging a major settlement contest after being asked about his victory over Kubrat Pulev after a fight with his British arch-rival.
Joshua knocked out Pulev in the ninth round at Wembley Arena for two potential mega-fights with his British heavyweight champion the next year.
But Fury, following his impressive account, blamed Joshua for refusing to fully express his interest in a mega-fight the next year during his post-fight interview, and insisted that the “belt legacy” is more important to him be as the opponent.
In a video on Twitter posted immediately after Joshua’s victory, Fury stated, “Anthony Joshua is only live on TV himself.
‘He was asked if he wanted the fight and he went around the bushes and put his *** on the edge. I want the fight – I want the fight next.
“I’ll take him out in three rounds. He’s a big bum – can’t wait to turn him off. ‘
The couple are on their way to the most lucrative bout in boxing history in 2021 after the Gypsy King’s trilogy fight against former victim Deontay Wilder that was scheduled to take place this month has been canceled.
Fury knocked out Kubrav Pulev at Wembley Arena to start a likely showdown with Tyson Fury
Fury and Joshua told each other they should win their next bouts when the two met in Marbella in July
Both British heavyweights have basically agreed to fight twice next year and Joshua’s meeting with Pulev was the most obvious non-contractual hurdle that needed to be overcome to ensure they move on.
Bob Arum of US advertising giant Top Rank announced after the fight that he expects negotiations to begin next week.
Regarding the unification battle between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier known as “The Battle of the Century,” Arum tweeted, “It looks like the stage is set for the biggest heavyweight fight since Ali-Frazier in 1971, as Tyson is ready. ” Anger hits Anthony Joshua for the undisputed crown.
“We at Top Rank will start on Monday and work to put this fight together.”
Fury and Joshua have tried repeatedly to piss each other off about the fight, most recently when the WBC Champion told the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and IBO champions that he would “bruise” his face last week.
Joshua got Fury to make the threat by telling him he could become a “superstar” by joining him in the ranks of promoter Eddie Hearn’s matchroom stable.
The British heavyweights hold all four belts and their plan to fight is now even closer
Hearn has spoken repeatedly about the meeting between the two, which will most likely take place in Saudi Arabia.
At Wembley, Hearn said, “We’re going to be kind – we’re going to have this fight with Tyson Fury.
‘This is the greatest fight in boxing, this is the greatest fight in British boxing history. AJ is the best heavyweight in the world. ‘
When Joshua came across Fury in July while the undefeated 32-year-old was driving around Marbella, Sportsmail announced that they were calling on each other to win their next bouts to spark a pulsating all-British clash.
Anger defeated Deontay Wilder in February and a trilogy battle with the American remains uncertain
Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, says the stage is now set for the much-anticipated junk
When asked who he was going to fight next after outperforming Pulev, Joshua said, “They ask the crowd what they want to see.
“Whoever has the belt, I want to compete with them. If this is Tyson Fury then let it be Tyson Fury. ‘
Fury’s father, Peter, predicted, “If Anthony Joshua lands on anyone, they’ll go under.
‘But those punches that landed on Pulev wouldn’t land on Tyson Fury. I thought Joshua was a little careful and he’s too upright.
‘He doesn’t have the sideways movement. But it would be a pick-em-fight [with Fury]. ‘