Cristiano Ronaldo “turns down a lucrative £ 5.3 million a year contract to become the face of Saudi Arabian tourism” with the country still badly hit by questionable human rights records – while “Lionel Messi was also raised” to drive the campaign forward
- The deal included Cristiano Ronaldo’s face appearing on all promotional materials
- It is also foreseen that the Portuguese superstar would visit the country
- An offer has also been made to Lionel Messi as Saudi Arabia wants to improve its image
- Ronaldo became football’s top scorer earlier this week
- Messi has now won a record six world crowns for the year
Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly turned down a multi-million pound offer to become the face of Saudi tourism.
The deal was worth € 6 million a year (£ 5.3 million) and includes Ronaldo visiting the country and using his image in all promotional materials.
Ronaldo’s great rival Lionel Messi has also been approached by the Saudi Arabian Tourism Authority, but his opinion on the proposal is not yet known.
Support authors and subscribe to content
This is premium stuff. Subscribe to read the entire article.
Login if you have purchased
SubscribeGain access to all our Premium contents.
More than 100+ articles.